PISMO swappable parts question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gig ram, 120 gig-----Powerbook G3 Pismo 500, 1gig ram, 80 gig HD, DVD/CD-RW
im new to this computer and im having a combo drive installed in the right swappable port...i was looking up other hot swap parts and they all say for the right side. are most of them made for the right side? cause thats where im having my new drive installed in, and i think its permanant and i dont want to screw myself over. any info on this computer whould be appreciated!! its the 500Mhz version.

also, can it handle pc133 memory? or pc100 only?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I think that only the right-side bay can accept devices or batteries...the left side bay is just a battery bay. (Some really old PowerBooks did have two full-function bays, but that was dropped somewhere along the line.)

Pismos had a 100MHz bus, so you can put PC133 in it, but it'll only run at PC100 speeds.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gig ram, 120 gig-----Powerbook G3 Pismo 500, 1gig ram, 80 gig HD, DVD/CD-RW
do you know hot this would compare to my ibook 800?? i will have over 700 memory in the pismo and its 500mHz.

where can i get one of those extra batteries?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
desrosiers13 said:
do you know hot this would compare to my ibook 800?? i will have over 700 memory in the pismo and its 500mHz.

where can i get one of those extra batteries?

Batteries: http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/powerbook/battery/g3-pismo/

also search pismo battery and lombard battery on eBay there are LOTS of used batteries on ebay, but they may not be in great shape. I've got one of the newertech batteries and they are awsome.

As previously discussed the left side [as far as I know] is only for batteries. Your combo drive upgrade will be swappable. You can also get zip drives, and hard drives for the right bay.

The Pismo is a nice little machine hope you enjoy it.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
are you sure the combo drive will be swappable? i was told it was origionally made for a g4 and they worked it to fit in the pismo. heres a pic of what it will look like. http://www.buyresale.com/PHOTOS/APPLEpismoslotdrive1.html

ok, so a battery can hook up into the left side, where is the other battery?? fdoes it plug into the bottom or something??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
desrosiers13 said:
are you sure the combo drive will be swappable? i was told it was origionally made for a g4 and they worked it to fit in the pismo. heres a pic of what it will look like. http://www.buyresale.com/PHOTOS/APPLEpismoslotdrive1.html

ok, so a battery can hook up into the left side, where is the other battery?? fdoes it plug into the bottom or something??

yes the combo is swappable. the one in the picture looks just like the one I made for mine and it is swappable.

The regular battery is in the left side. The second battery goes in the right side (instead of the optical drive).... so take out your combo drive and stick in a second battery. You now have double the run-time of a single battery.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.