PowerPoint 2011 'Bounce End' animation

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm using PowerPoint 2011 and loaded one of the example templates called 'Five Ways'. The template uses a nice 'bounce' to the end of each animated item that I'd like to use, but can't for the life of me see how it's done, even though I've pulled apart the template. Apparently you select 'bounce end' instead of 'smooth end' but bounce end is not an option.

Some googling seems to make me think this is in the PC version only, but surely they wouldn't give you a template you couldn't use / change in the Mac version?!

Thanks,

Neil.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I've moved your post here to the correct forum - "OS X Apps......" since this is not an iOS application. (Mobile app for iPhone or iPad)

As to your question above, every Powerpoint template that I have downloaded from MS works for both Office 2011 and Office 2010 (Windows version). If it turns out to be a PC only template that would be a first.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hi,

The template comes preinstalled with PowerPoint 2011 for Mac. The template opens and runs fine, but my issue is that it contains features that I can not edit, since the 'bounce end' feature is in the PC version ONLY. I don't understand why Microsoft would supply a template with a program that can't fully utilise it.

Neil.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I think you and I have different versions of Powerpoint 2011 because I can't find the template you're referring to. I have the Home and Student version of Office 2011 and I have a total of 15 pre-installed templates, none of which are titled "Five Ways". I do have a template named "Five Rules". Could that be the one you mean?

OP
C
Reaction score
Apologies, yes, Five Ways it is. Slide three - click the stop sign, animation effect options panel, notice there's no 'Bounce End' option, only 'Smooth Start' and 'Smooth End', even though the item has it applied.

Neil.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You're right. (I just ran through the entire slide show several times.) I don't know why it's showing that way. Actually that's the first time I noticed it (since you mentioned it) as I normally create my own templates and slide shows. I rarely if ever use the MS templates. I'm going to toss your question to the experts at the MS Mac Office forum and see what they say.

BTW, MS has some very good forums for Mac Office here.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I agree with you about the templates, I never use them myself but wanted a little animation inspiration before making a new animated loop for an exhibition. They make good use of it in the Five Rules one but that small bounce had me confused!

Looking forward to seeing what the MS forum experts say.

Cheers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.