Recently Switched to Mac

K

kmf2006

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a used G3 Powermac with Jaguar installed. I will probably upgrade to Tiger in the near future but this computer is good to get started on.

I had the following questions:

1.) Which programming languages are suitable for the Mac. For instance can I create web pages with xml and ColdFusion? What about CGI.

2.) What kind of web host should I look for? Does it matter to the web host if I'm connecting from a Mac?

I would appreciate any feedback anyone may have.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
1) I know that there are some Apps out there will do much of the web page stuff, DreamWeaver being one of them.

2) No, it won't matter. All of that stuff is standard across the board and I have not seen a Web Host that will particularly care if you use a Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Your computer can host webpages and site, including FTP for free. If you want to set it up that way, No it doesnt matter what host you use. Apache is already installed on newer systems. I have Panther 10.3.x it has apache on it, works great, easy to use too. Apple sells some webdesign software too.
How do you design webpages? all from scratch or do you use templates?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.