wiping my drive clean??????

T

teezdesigns

This is the one thing i hate about Apple, if stuff doesn't work they want you to bring your computer to them... a pc i could just wipe out the drive and start fresh... Is there a way to do this on MAC? Please read on to see why i want to do this... I have had no luck, and my mac is running very poorly!

I am trying to install the tiger i purchased.. it is the upgrade DVD. I am furious cause Apple can't help me after i spent money on the stupid program, and they won't take it back cause it is opened. Anyway here is my problem...

I have a G4 dual 1.0

I try to install it with the computer on... when it directs me to restart i do and then nothing, it boots to the grey apple screen, but no gears start moving...the same thing happens when i boot from the disc! So i was gonna do a disc repair from disc, an old disc, but I don't have my original boot disc from my last upgrade to 10.3.9, but i do have 10.3.7 from my macmini, but that isn't working either... is there any way to wipe out and start from scratch, anything i can do? I want to do a nice fresh clean install... Please Help me. Thanks, i am goin nuts! :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Try this,
put your upgrade disc in the and go throught the motion to install.
When the system restarts hold down on the option key. You should be presented with a window showing all of the system folders on your drive(s). Select your upgrade disc and then select the arrow button (I believe that it is at the lower right of the window). if it starts you're in business. If the upgrade disc doesn't show then there isn't a "valid" system on the disc.

In order to "start fresh", you will have to have an install disc. (ie the installer that came with the computer)

OP
T

teezdesigns

immdb said:
Try this,
put your upgrade disc in the and go throught the motion to install.
When the system restarts hold down on the option key. You should be presented with a window showing all of the system folders on your drive(s). Select your upgrade disc and then select the arrow button (I believe that it is at the lower right of the window). if it starts you're in business. If the upgrade disc doesn't show then there isn't a "valid" system on the disc.

In order to "start fresh", you will have to have an install disc. (ie the installer that came with the computer)

i already tried that....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.