Mail.app reset itself?

Reaction score
I have a small but glaring problem. And I'm hoping someone might be able to assist me. Currently, I've upgraded my ***-old iMac to a year-or-so-old MacBook pro running OS X 10.7.5. Aside from the hiccups migrating, everything's working swimmingly. 'Till today. (And for the record, I've spent the last hour on forums trying to look up a similar issue). Here's the thing....

I was having issues with the trash can. Every time I went to do Command+Delete to move something to the trash, it wanted to automatically delete it. As if I were working from a sever. I looked it up, and I had to repair permissions and then open the home folder, get info and made sure I was able to read and write.

So, that works just fine. NOW, and I feel this is related, my Mail.app seems to have reset itself. Before this, it migrated beautifully, saved all my smart folders, messages and the like. But since this permissions business, it seems to have this issue where every time I open Mail.app, it says "Welcome!" and wants me to input my e-mail and password and set up a new account. And to add insult to injury, I've lost all of my smart folders for filtering and locally-stored messages. So... what the ****? Any ideas?

To make matters worse, I have to, for the time being, remedy this at work, as we don't have our internet hooked up yet in our new place.

I normally would try to nip this all on my own, but the forums i found turned up nothing for me (similar issues, but not the SAME issue). Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.