iPhone 5 or wait

Reaction score
I am sorry if this question has been asked a thousand times, should I wait for the iPhone 5s or just get an iPhone 5? I can not get it until Fter the 28th January anyway so should. Wait for the iPhone 5s? Isn't there a rumour it will be released April time or smething?

VEG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook air 13" Iphone 5
Why do you think there will be an S model? I thought the 4S just meant that it had Siri?

OP
D
Reaction score
Why do you think there will be an S model? I thought the 4S just meant that it had Siri?

Mainly rumours but there does seem to be a pattern... Apple might just invent something that begins with s lol

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
There has been an iPhone 3G, 3Gs, 4, 4S and now 5. It is entirely possible that a 5S may come out this year and entirely possible that a iPhone 6 may come out too..:)

Though, one thing is certain, looking at the difference between the 4 and 4S, they are fairly negligible and more annoying than anything else. The difference between the number changes are more important and significant..

I wouldn't expect to see another iPhone released until the Summer at the earliest, regardless of what it's name it going to be..

OP
D
Reaction score
There has been an iPhone 3G, 3Gs, 4, 4S and now 5. It is entirely possible that a 5S may come out this year and entirely possible that a iPhone 6 may come out too..:)

Though, one thing is certain, looking at the difference between the 4 and 4S, they are fairly negligible and more annoying than anything else. The difference between the number changes are more important and significant..

I wouldn't expect to see another iPhone released until the Summer at the earliest, regardless of what it's name it going to be..

I might wait and people expect that they may have colour and honestly I want that so bad and although it is a bit unlikely it still may happen.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I might wait and people expect that they may have colour and honestly I want that so bad and although it is a bit unlikely it still may happen.

What color?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Same as iPod touch I would think. I'd want the blue one this concept image makes it look beautiful.

http://i47.tinypic.com/vmvdkz.jpg

That looks 3rd party mods to change the outside case. I would wait, and see what Apple has to offer in 2013. As much as I like the iPhone 5 it could be better. :D The "s" models are usually better anyways.

OP
D
Reaction score
That looks 3rd party mods to change the outside case. I would wait, and see what Apple has to offer in 2013. As much as I like the iPhone 5 it could be better. :D The "s" models are usually better anyways.

Oh I know, that's not an actual model it's a prediction of what they could look like sorry I should of made that clear.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Oh I know, that's not an actual model it's a prediction of what they could look like sorry I should of made that clear.

I know what you mean. Except that isn't a concept for the iPhone. It actually does it exist. Linky here. It's a third party company that specializes in mods.

OP
D
Reaction score
I know what you mean. Except that isn't a concept for the iPhone. It actually does it exist. Linky here. It's a third party company that specializes in mods.

]

If I did get an iPhone I'd love to give them it and my ipad mini and get the coloured blue. That would be awesome

C

chas_m

Relying on rumours more often ends in disappointment than it turns out to be a smart move. There is NO factual evidence that Apple will be introducing an iPhone "5S" anytime soon. On top of this, if you buy an iPhone 5 you are only "locked in" for about a year (two maximum), meaning you'll be in on the iPhone 6 or whatever.

I rarely pay attention to rumours. Instead I have this novel approach of buying what I think is best at the time I need it, and enjoying the heck out of it, then repeat when I need a new one. This has served me very well so far. Still loving my iPhone 4 and iPad 3, don't feel a need to contribute to the "rat race."

OP
D
Reaction score
Relying on rumours more often ends in disappointment than it turns out to be a smart move. There is NO factual evidence that Apple will be introducing an iPhone "5S" anytime soon. On top of this, if you buy an iPhone 5 you are only "locked in" for about a year (two maximum), meaning you'll be in on the iPhone 6 or whatever.

I rarely pay attention to rumours. Instead I have this novel approach of buying what I think is best at the time I need it, and enjoying the heck out of it, then repeat when I need a new one. This has served me very well so far. Still loving my iPhone 4 and iPad 3, don't feel a need to contribute to the "rat race."

Oh I know I can't rely on rumours, kind of why I asked the opinions of you kind folk. Im a really impatient person so I don't think I will be waiting for the next iPhone. I would be happy with a 4s so I wouldnt mind being a phone out of date for a year or so. Thanks for the reply.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Also, unlike the iPods, I doubt the iPhone will ever come in anything buy black and white..

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
...should I wait for the iPhone 5s or just get an iPhone 5?

Isn't there a rumour it will be released April time or smething?

The average number of days between new iPhone model releases is 338. It has only been 105 days (a little over 3 months) since the iPhone 5 has been released.

So I think that it's safe to say that buying an iPhone 5 now wouldn't be a problem:)...or you can wait approx. another 233 days (7.77 months) for the next iPhone model to be released!;)

- Nick

OP
D
Reaction score
The average number of days between new iPhone model releases is 338. It has only been 105 days (a little over 3 months) since the iPhone 5 has been released.

So I think that it's safe to say that buying an iPhone 5 now wouldn't be a problem:)...or you can wait approx. another 233 days (7.77 months) for the next iPhone model to be released!;)

- Nick

I will be going on 28th January to see if I can get one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMac, Retina 5K, 3.6 GHz, 64 GB Memory, 2 TB storage
I have the Verizon 4S and have no intention of going to the iPhone 5 or 5S. Frankly, the change from glass back to aluminum and the frequency of scratches and edge chipping on the 5 is all I need to stay away from it.

Reaction score
And if you buy an unlocked phone and get your connection package separately you are not tied in for any lengh of time so can upgrade as each new model comes along.

Simples

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.