Linking iPhone 4S with more than one Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late '09 iMac; Late '11 MBAir, 2017 iMac from ****!
Hi, folks!

I have a late model '09 iMac and a late model '11 MacBook Air. Both have current versions of MtnLion.

There are times I am at one or the other and want to either back up or simply recharge the iPhone. What would I have to do to backup and/or dock at either computer?

TIA!

Cheers!

Pat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You can only sync (easily) to a single iTunes library. But you can backup and charge to either or both.

Just set the option on the device summary screen in iTunes not to sync automatically.

Though I'd suggest, if your iPhone model supports it, backup to iCloud instead

OP
p_rod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mrplow!

I owe you a much delayed thank you for the information you provided me. I don't know how I missed doing that.... mea culpa! ;-)

Thanks a lot!!!

Cheers!

Pat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Glad it's helped.

Thanks for posting back.

OP
p_rod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mrplow!

I do use the cloud for the iPhone, but there are few things I just do not fully trust about it so nothing "sensitive" goes there, plus if you must do a restore, having it backed up on your machine is much faster than the cloud.

I am on my #6 iPhone 4S...it was replaced that many times early on due to SIM card failure problems...so I had a lot of experience restoring data to all the new phones! :)

Thanks again!

Cheers!

Pat

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.