iPod Facetime messages on or off??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15 in. OS X 10.9.1, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
Do you have to have the iPod turned on to get messages or facetime? I use messages and facetime to contact my wife and she does not know it unless her iPod is on. Am I doing something wrong is the something in her settings that should be changed? Please help. Thanks

C

chas_m

Probably something in the settings of her iPod Touch (I assume that's what you mean -- other iPods can't use FaceTime).

She will also of course need to be somewhere with Wi-Fi and connected to that network to use or receive FaceTime, since the iPod Touch can't use 3G/LTE.

OP
uncle808us
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My question is..Do you have to have the iPod turned on to get messages or facetime? To be notified.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
My question is..Do you have to have the iPod turned on to get messages or facetime? To be notified.

It has to be at least in standby mode. It cannot be fully powered off. If you hit the home key it should immediately come to life if it is in standby.

OP
uncle808us
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
She is in standby but it doesn't come on or ring or in anyway notify her that she is getting a message until she hit's the home key. and slides to unlock.
I don't know what is going wrong or if this is the natural behavior. For an iPod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.