imessaging between devices ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac-21.5"(2017):OS Catalina 10.15.2 IOS13.3 iPhone 8+ iPadpro v2
My iMac and iPhone first purchases. All messages between all family & friends shows in the Messages app on iMac. 2nd set of purchases were MacBook & iPhone for wife. She set up own Apple account. I had assumed she was able to use the Messages app on her laptop, but just saw that this wasn't the case. I checked the preferences on my Messages & see that not only have I included all my email addresses, but I had also had her regular email, NOT her apple email (from her apple account) and her phone number where I can be reached at. Although I have never received any of her messages on my iMac. I Checked her Messages preferences on laptop and only see her apple emails as where she can be reached at. Went back to my pref & unchecked her phone # & email. When I try to add her reg. email to her laptop Messages pref, I am told it is used by another account. I also see no way to add her phone number. How does one set up Messages when I can't add an email or a phone # to the Accounts Pref???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.