How do I make the MacBook keyboard stop typing all caps?

Reaction score
I have no idea why the keyboard is stuck on caps. I haven't spilled anything on it. At first I wasn't able to log in since I don't have caps in my password. After leaving it alone for 2 days I was able to log in, but I can't do many things that require the password because it's stuck in caps. I've backed everything up and was thinking of reformatting. Any ideas?

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks but the button is not stuck. The light is not on but goes on when I tap it.

Reaction score
That means a shift key is stuck . If the number lock button is on the keyboard will still type a number.
Tap on the shift keys lightly and see if it makes them pop up or change anything.

OP
M
Reaction score
Well I left my MBP alone for a couple of days, then today before booting up, I punched the caps key a few times and I was able to log in and the caps issue is over. I'm not sure what really fixed the problem because I tried the caps key before. Sometimes ish happens. Thanks for replying, Dawson. I hope it doesn't happen again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.