iPad 2 Dock with Ballistic Case?????

Reaction score
So, heres my dilemma. I am currently enrolled in a course that has issued us iPads. The iPad 2 is in a Ballistic case, and per course requirements students are not allowed to remove the iPad from the case (not that it is easy to do anyway) So, I am looking for any ideas for a docking station that may be able to be used with such a bulky case, if any. I am looking to be able to just drop the iPad on a charging station on my desk to make sure it is always charged, because of course another class requirement is that we show up with a completely charged iPad for class..:)

It would also be nice to have the Ipad in a dock sitting on my desk during study time.

Any ideas, if its even possible with such a bulky case???

Chris

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The Ballistic case has a stand does it not? If so, why not just put it on it's stand and use the regular USB cable to charge it?

OP
C
Reaction score
I could.. I guess Im just looking for the lazy way out to be able to just "drop and go" to make sure im always charged.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Do you get to keep the iPads after the course is done or are you taking other courses in the future that will allow you to retain the iPad? If so, buying a dock that might work with this case is useful, if you have to return it and don't plan on buying your own iPad and a ballistic case, the dock might be a waste of money..

OP
C
Reaction score
There is a rumor that upon graduation we will be keeping the iPad. But the course is about 1.5 years long so even if for some reason I don't get to keep the iPad it would be a bad investment for 1.5 years I guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 13
You could consider purchasing an extender for the dock. Google iPad dock extenders. You should be able to pick something up for around twenty bucks ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.