MacBook Pro Gets Stuck on Apple Screen

Reaction score
My MacBook Pro was working fine, and then yesterday I turned it on, and it just wouldn't load. It'll do the chime and the apple icon and loading circle will come on, but it will stay on that screen for literally ever. I looked at other people who had this problem, and tried what they did. I reset the PRAM, and tried to open it in safe mode (it did the same thing). When I opened it in verbose mode (which I've never heard of before today), about every ten seconds it comes up with a crash report number. It also says DNSResponder Errors. I opened it in single user mode and did the fsck -fy to repair my disk, and it said it modified something, but then said everything seemed ok. When I tried to turn it on it still wouldn't work. On the thread I read that had the same problem, the guy said he did a Archive and Install, and that fixed it. I don't know what that is or how to do that or if it will even solve my problem. I don't know what caused this, but I don't want to have to get a new computer! PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

Reaction score
what year MacBook pro is it ? What OSX are you working with ?
An archive and install is similar to windows option to re install only the fundamental elements of the operating system while keeping in tact all your files and settings.
It will be an option after you put your original install disk in Snow Leopard up does this auto matically when you do not erase the drive.
When you boot in verbose mode let it run till it freezes then get a pic of the screen it freezes on , this way we can see what the machine was doing at the time

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.