I'm new to app development can you give me some tips?

Reaction score
I'm new to ios app development I've downloaded Xcode and I'm kind of getting the hang of it. Anyways how do you actually program the app and tell it what to do? How do you know what each thing tells the app to do? I know how to change the background and add text boxes. How do you create an icon for the app? Are there any programs you recommend? Thank you!:)

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Something like Beginning iOS 5 Development would be a good start to teach you the basics of app development, using XCode and deigning your app using the facilities of the SDK.

To code an application entirely by hand, you also need to be proficient with Objective-C or at least C to be able to pick up Obj-C quickly..know OOP programming will help greatly..

There is no program that will allow you just click your way into creating some other app..gotta write the code..

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The iOS API reference is a good place to start to learn all about the SDK. This site will define what all the functions/objects/classes are and do.

Once you go through a book like the one I mentioned, they will introduce you to the basic classes, you can then look at the Reference to see what other stuff is in there..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.