iBook G4 with no Airport Extreme??? Huh?

Reaction score
I bought my iBook through my school late May 2004. I paid a lot (well, what I consider a lot) for it. It was required for my studies. Anyway, I just now found out that my laptop doesn't have Airport installed. This seriously pisses me off. I went to apple.com and it clearly says that the iBook G4 comes with it so how come mine doesn't? I suspect the school ordered them without it. I contacted my IT Department at school and they're willing to get me one but they're going to charge my school account!!! ***? What action should I take? Also, am I just doing something wrong? I go to to the apple symbol, click on Location, and select Network Prefernces and no sign of an airport.

*sigh*

Please, help someone.

OP
N
Reaction score
Also, I wanted to write that I found this out now b/c I'm doing Study Aboard and the school here is offering us wireless and their IT girl says I need an Airport.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
AirPort Extreme cards weren't standard on all iBooks until the October 04 revisions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NeedHelp said:
I bought my iBook through my school late May 2004....Anyway, I just now found out that my laptop doesn't have Airport installed. This seriously pisses me off. I went to apple.com and it clearly says that the iBook G4 comes with it so how come mine doesn't?...
You are looking at an almost 2 year gap between the revision of the iBook you have and the current one you see on the Apple site. Two years ago, AirPort was not a standard option on iBooks. You had to specifically order that option at the time you ordered the one you currently own.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.