Firefox is better than Safari :- fact or fiction

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
howdy all, i love my MacBookPro very much, i also enjoy making a web site for myself using Rapidweaver.
Recently when Previewing my Web Site in Safari, particularly Slideshows and Photo Albums of my fave photos, i thought hey my Lap Tops graphic card is on the way out, thank the lord i have an Extended Warranty !.

I then thought of using FIREFOX ! and hey presto all my troubles have immediately disappeared !!!! boy O boy, was i pleased, i enjoy going to the local Apple Store, but i DO NOT like leaving my precious Lap Top there for 3 weeks to get it fixed.

So i wont be using Safari ever again that is a fact ! is anybody else of the same opinion ?

Tim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I use Safari and like it its a tool use what fits your needs but most browsers require plug-ins for certain things to render so if things don't work as intended sometimes a plug-in is all thats needed.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yeah, I agree. Web browsers are a personal thing, much like word processors and tax software. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA 2011, 1.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB
I use Firefox on my Linux computer and Safari on my Mac. I've seen websites that looked fine on Safari and mashed up on Firefox. I've also seen other sites where the opposite was the case.

I don't think one is really better than the other, just different. Kind of like WebKit vs Gecko.

C

chas_m

While I much appreciate the effort the Firefox team have made to make the Mac version more "native," at the end of the day it's a port job, whereas Safari is native. And, IMO, better.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
A browser is a tool, like any other tool. All have their upsides and downsides. Safari for instance is built using Cocoa but couldn't manage memory if its life depended on it. Firefox, while augmented by a strong extension ecosystem, is bloated and looks as if a 2 year old designed it.

If you like one particular browser, go for it. At the end of the day, they're all capable tools.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.