Safari does not save Bookmarks

Reaction score
I am new to MACs. Got a MACPro for Christmas. I imported my bookmarks from my HP laptop, but when I close Safari, then go back in they are gone. It's not just imports, I change my settings, delete, add bookmarks, and as soon as I log off Safari, it reset to the original settings.
I have reinstall Safari, still have the same problem.

Not so impressed with my first experience with a MAC. I hope I can get this resolved. I changed to MAC because people tell how much better they are. Not sold yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Are you saying in Bookmarks in the top menu bar you have none that you saved listed ? How are you saving the Bookmarks ?
If you have open Tabs not the same as Bookmarks when you shut down your computer those will be gone if you have the box checked close all Windows in System Preferences under General.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I hope your experience with your new Mac improves, but give it time. It's different, if not better than Windows, but I think it's better. Remember that 99.9% of computer problems are caused by the user not knowing what he is doing. You don't know yet, but you'll learn if you give it enough time and effort. You didn't know everything you know now about Windows the first time you sat down in front of your computer screen either. Practice, practice, practice, and then practice some more.

OP
T
Reaction score
I exported my Bookmarks (or Favorites) from my PC by downloading them on my PC then emailing them to myself so I can copy on MAC. Then, I imported them on Bookmarks on the MAC. I also tried to just saving an active internet page by using "add Bookmark" on the Bookmark dropdown on the internet top bar. I have also tried deleting existing bookmarks that were on a MAC. In all cases, it seems to work. I can see the new Bookmark or the one I deleted is gone.......until I close Safari and then open it again.

C

chas_m

Do you have "Private Browsing" turned on, I wonder? Your bookmarks will of course NOT be saved (nor will anything else) when you use Private Browsing.

Reaction score
Same problem - Safari reverts to previously saved bookmarks

It seems that many users are encountering this issue, I have seen it asked on several forums, but haven't found a solution anywhere.
Ever since I upgraded to the latest version of Safari, I have been unable to delete, edit, or add any bookmark in the bookmark menu... Really annoying...:(

Reaction score
Had the same problem, I've just logged out of my account, logged into the guest account and logged back into mine and all seems well now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.