Removing synced notes from Mail Inbox

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
I only recently decided to sync notes that I have entered in my iPhone 3G to my iMac. The saved notes are stored in the Mail inbox and they also appear under Reminders in a separate Mailbox called Notes.

This means that the only way to remove them from the Inbox to remove clutter is to create a separate Mailbox with a different name, highlight all the notes in the Notes Mailbox and move them to the new Mailbox.

I suggest that there is little point in storing them in the Inbox in the first place.

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
I'm presuming that you're running Lion? I used to have this issue when I was still running that version of the OS. I've moved to Mountain Lion, and there is now a separate app for notes. IIRC in Lion mail there is a setting in Mail > Preferences > Accounts > Account behaviour, but I'm thinking back a long way now!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
Notes

I'm presuming that you're running Lion? I used to have this issue when I was still running that version of the OS. I've moved to Mountain Lion, and there is now a separate app for notes. IIRC in Lion mail there is a setting in Mail > Preferences > Accounts > Account behaviour, but I'm thinking back a long way now!

I was using Snow Leopard. As I needed iCloud I've upgraded to Mountain Lion so this is good news.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.