Gaming performance loss after new logic board

Reaction score
I'm having a very weird issue where gaming on my Mac is now performing much lower after a logic board replacement from Apple (water damage).

It appears to be a CPU lag, as it is inconsistant, sometimes the audio stutters, and during the brakes of lag spikes, the fps goes up to it's normal range from before the replacement. This happens in both OSX and Windows7 on my 2011 Macbook Pro 13"

The specs are exactly the same from when I dropped it off. 2.4Ghz Core2Duo, Nvidia 320m, 4GB ram DDR3.

Heating appears not to be an issue, as it happens at the stop of game play and the laptop doesn't feel hot. It also hovers around 75ºC once I close the game.

I'm asking for direction on how to figure this out, as I am stuck.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
What game is it, does it happen in other games, doesn it happen in other computers?

OP
A
Reaction score
What game is it, does it happen in other games, doesn it happen in other computers?

CS:GO, TF2, Killing Floor, some indie games, and GTA San Andreas.

I get simular lag in all those games, in which I did not get before the replaced logic board. These games I have played on other computers without this jittery/inconsistant lag.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Take it back and ask to have the processors checked out.

OP
A
Reaction score
Take it back and ask to have the processors checked out.

I did a hardware test (holding D after turning on computer) and it found an error or something. It's just a bunch of numbers, but I wrote it down and I'll bring it in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.