Macbook pro problem

Reaction score
Hello Mac-forums.com, I have been a proud owner of a Macbook Pro 15 inches (late 2009) for 3 years now, but the last half year I have been having the wierdest problems with my computer one could ever imagine, and that is why I am asking here now "What could be the course, and what is the solution?".

About 6 month ago my computer froze while i was listening to music, when I tried rebooting it it there came the sign showing no hard drive was inserted. After about a week of no use suddently my computer started to work again, but only about one day.
Nothing could be done after that, I tried reinstalling the computer, messing around with basically all software I could think of, and the same with the hardware as well, but in the end I decided to use another computer for the moment (considering I was busy with school and did not have time to repair it).
Now around christmas time we decided to take a look at it again, and the miracle happened we were able to reinstall the hard drive after taking out one of the ram blocks. The computer actually worked, until today, where it showed the same sign that means no hard drive is inserted every time I tried to turn it on, I disassembled the computer (well just taking out the ram blocks and the hard drive), and put it together again, but nothing helped. Suddently the computer would turn on, and it works perfectly now I was even able to play a game of Lol 10 minuttes ago on high settings with a stable frame rate of 31 pictures a second (which I concider quite good on my mac partition).

What is happening to my computer, and what do I do about it.

Best regards Thomas Bjerken

Ps my computer is the late 2009, 15 inch model with 2,8 ghz intel core 2 duo processor and geforce 9600m

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
It sounds like a hard drive on it's way out.

Do you have a backup clone that you could boot from? If so, do that and use the computer for sometime to see if the problem still occurs. If it doesn't then it looks like a hard drive problem.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Sounds very much like the HDD kicked the bucket. Time for a new one. Hopefully you had a back up of your data.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If OS X.6 boot from your install disc by holding down 'C' immediately after the chime, leave Installer and go to Utilities and run Repair Disk from Disk Utility there and see what is reported. If Lion or Mountain Lion use Command+R to enter recovery and do the same.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.