Enabling Airplay Icon

Reaction score
I have a mid 2012 MacBook pro running OS X Lion 10.7.5. I recently bought the AppleTV so that I could view my laptop on my TV. I have managed to get a connection and the TV can find my movies, photos etc. However I can't find an Airplay icon or how to enable it. I only have the standard TV icon. How do I find the airplay icon and more importantly how do I get my laptop to show on my TV. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I have a mid 2012 MacBook pro running OS X Lion 10.7.5. I recently bought the AppleTV so that I could view my laptop on my TV. I have managed to get a connection and the TV can find my movies, photos etc. However I can't find an Airplay icon or how to enable it. I only have the standard TV icon. How do I find the airplay icon and more importantly how do I get my laptop to show on my TV. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,
I may be wrong but I thought that Airplay mirroring (where you want to send what's on your Mac screen to an HDTV wirelessly) was only available on Mountain Lion with a 2nd or 3rd Gen ATV

The icon for me is normally found in iTunes. This is how it looks in Mountain Lion and the latest iTunes version, unfortunately my iMac is too old. Your specs look good apart from you will need to upgrade to ML.

EDIT also attached here is an image of where it should be provided all your specs comply.

Screen Shot 2012-12-29 at 13.56.31.png

Screen Shot 2012-12-29 at 14.04.43.png

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. Having done a bit more research I think the icon is only available on 10.8 Mountain Lion. Fortunately Apple will upgrade free if the machine was bought july 2012 or later so I will try this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Thanks for your response. Having done a bit more research I think the icon is only available on 10.8 Mountain Lion. Fortunately Apple will upgrade free if the machine was bought july 2012 or later so I will try this.

That's great news..all the best Beeky :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.