All-in-one printer for Mac OS X mountain lion

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for an all in one printer, copier, scanner? I have an new iMac desktop. I currently have an Epson WorkForce 545 and the scanning process is REALLY slow!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Scanning is always going to be slow especially if you're doing it wireless. As for a recommendation, HP, Canon, Epson, all support Mac OS X with current drivers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I find the HP Photosmart Premium is quite fast and very easy to scan multiple pages into the same file with. It works well wirelessly with my iMac/ML. You put the page face down onto the glass, click the HP Scan icon in the Dock, which opens up the utility and away you go.

I just timed a full A4 single sheet scan with text and colour images like a saddo and the process took approximately 24 seconds.... that's about 120 scans an hour....

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks so much! I will check it out. I have been very frustrated by the painfully slow process of scanning.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I like the speed of my Photosmart but have seen the photo quality of the new Epson Artisans and IMO they do a better job with photos.
I have had hit and miss with Cannons but HP's and Epson's seem to work rather well of the last 3 years.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.