Need urgent help with.please!!!

Reaction score
Good day dear forum members,

I really need some wise advise.

I did search the forums, but did not find my problem being solved.

It seems that some form of Spyware is installed on my MAC, its a long story but basically many people had access to it, it wasnt protected by a password. Now that I use my MAC all the time for work as well as personal, it can be quite damaging if someone really does have a remote access to it. I have sent some business emails, details of which got known by a third party ( it would not be possible for them to know ,unless they have access to my computer somehow ). Also, someone called me and said that they know my every move and told me that I just booked a flight ticket, and even named my destination. Again, I did not even tell to anyone this info, and the ticket was e-mailed to a brend new email adress which I specifically created for this.

I did use ClamXV, Dr.Web, and MacScan, they found nothing, but again I guess spyware is not meant to be detected that easily. I am thinking of buying a new hard drive, and install it. BUT I am worried if they could put some sort of chip or something which leaks all my info????? Is it possible for spyware to be stored on motherboard? What are the possible points of leak in my mac? How they can do that? I tried to adress police, but they just smiled and said that they have much more important things to deal with.

I saw programs like SpySniper, which sends print screens from your desktop, that could be well the reason.

PLEASE HELP ME, what to do? I cant really buy a brand new lap top at the moment. Can just afford new hard-drive.

THANKS A MILLION

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

What kind of a Mac is this? I think this is a lesson to be learned here to protect your computer with a password and if you HAVE to share it with anyone else to either create a second account (without Admin privileges) or give them the guest account..

Anyway, it is unlikely that you need a new HD, but you should backup your important work/personal documents (and documents only) immediately and then use the disc that came with this Mac to completely erase the HD using Disk Utility and do a clean re-install.

Next, ensure that you've changed all of your passwords for any online accounts (bank, email, so on) to a secure passwords. Password managers like 1Password will help you create strong passwords that you don't need to remember but aren't easily broken either..

Once the re-install is complete, set up a strong password for your local account and don't share your computer with anyone..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Simple.

Erase the hard drive zeroing with seven passes and do a clean install of the operating system as RazOrEdge recommends..

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

What kind of a Mac is this? I think this is a lesson to be learned here to protect your computer with a password and if you HAVE to share it with anyone else to either create a second account (without Admin privileges) or give them the guest account..

Anyway, it is unlikely that you need a new HD, but you should backup your important work/personal documents (and documents only) immediately and then use the disc that came with this Mac to completely erase the HD using Disk Utility and do a clean re-install.

Next, ensure that you've changed all of your passwords for any online accounts (bank, email, so on) to a secure passwords. Password managers like 1Password will help you create strong passwords that you don't need to remember but aren't easily broken either..

Once the re-install is complete, set up a strong password for your local account and don't share your computer with anyone..

You can share just be smart about and make a guest account. Set up the guest account so that they can't install stuff. Of course Raz0rEdge advice would be the smartest thing to do.

No sharing of computer. If I do let someone check their email etc it's going to be on my crappy Windows box. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
LittleSnitch is your friend in this case.
If there is a piece of code running that is sending info out of your Mac, LittleSnitch will intercept it and ask you for an action.
Reading your post above, I am totally confused and can not differentiate between emotions and facts.
Based on the info you provided, there is no indication that you have spyware .... too many variables.

If you want to remove all doubt, use the original install media and re-install your Mac, then password protect it & apply best practices when sharing your Mac ( see posts above for tips )

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.