Printing problems - Word 2008

Reaction score
This may be very basic, but as im not particularly clued in i need help. I have a mac mini with word 2008 installed but when I click print there are no print options come up, like how many copies, how many pages etc. the printer just prints the whole document. As i'm used to windows and have never come across this can someone tell me how to enable that function or at least work around it? Thanks Mark

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

First, some hints.... Your title "Sorry if this is in the wrong place" tells us nothing whatsoever about your problem and what help is needed. Most folks will just skip over your post and move on.

Second, you put it in the "Rumors........." forum which clearly has nothing to do with the subject of your post. I moved your post here to the correct forum and edited your title.

This may be very basic, but as im not particularly clued in i need help. I have a mac mini with word 2008 installed but when I click print there are no print options come up, like how many copies, how many pages etc. the printer just prints the whole document. As i'm used to windows and have never come across this can someone tell me how to enable that function or at least work around it? Thanks Mark

Make sure you have correctly installed the printer you're using and the latest drivers for it. You didn't tell us which printer it is? When you select "Print" from Word 2008 a dialog will open giving a choice of printer and printing to PDF. From the print menu, you should further have a choice of number of copies, page, orientation, etc. Are you sure you're not missing those options or do not know how to select them?

And finally, when you post a question please tell us about your Mac and which version of OS X it's running.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks Chscag, Im not sure what OS X it is running but it was only bought in the last month, it is a Mac mini. I know it is newer than OS X 10.7 as the drivers for the printer had to be downloaded as opposed to installed of a disk. When I click print icon or the print option on the file menu it just automatically starts printing and no menu comes up. I havent got any menu options at all not even a 'print window' if that is what its called. The printer is an HP officejet 6700 premium and has the newest drivers downloaded from the hp website. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There are actually two menu items in Word that send a file to print. One will start the print process immediately and gives no choice of paper, number of copies, etc. The second menu item opens a print dialogue which then will give you those choices. I'm currently using Office 2011 but let me see if I can find the correct choice for you.....

OK. Try Command + P or click on File (top menu) and then select "Print". See if that works for you. (Don't use the print icon from the menu bar.)

OP
M
Reaction score
Happy days, I have got it going. Thanks very much, I have even got double sided going. It is very hard trying to re-train myself to use a computer again from using a PC to MAC.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, great. Glad to hear you're back on track. Have fun with your new Mac and visit us often. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.