• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Customers say Apple's online store has become less satisfying to shop

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
So I guess since Apple has expanded their selection of items and have given customers more choice, that it's confusing? Another example of "outstanding journalism". Maybe they need to pay a visit to the Sony or Dell on line stores and then compare? :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Newegg and Amazon? Really? Are these people just dumb?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Dropped quality? What rot who wrote this junk?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Anyone that has half a brain knows that any sort of parameter when measured via a poll/survey from year to year is either going to go:

- up
- down
- remain the same

In this case the Apple online store satisfaction has gone from 83 out of 100 to 80...BIG FREAKIN DEAL!!!;) And when you have a satisfaction score as high as 83...the likelyhood of it going down is MUCH greater than going up.

80 is certainly an awesome score for any online retailer!:) Now if the score went from 83 to 49...then we would have something to write/talk about!;)

- Nick

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I kind of curious as to "who" these people are.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Jealous runners up and losers.... ;P

That would be too obvious. Has to be people that just came up from underground.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I don't believe this study for a second.
Larry Freed, president and chief executive of ForeSee, told Reuters that customers felt navigation on Apple's online store has become more difficult. In particular, customers apparently feel Apple's expanded product lineup — which has added products such as the iPad in recent years — has become an issue.
More difficult because of one product? Do they realize how MANY categories there are when navigating through Amazon? Their argument is very narrow minded, and does not make sense. People who visit Amazon and Apple's site are two different people. People who shop on Amazon are not navigating randomly through their store to find stuff. They most likely know the name of what they want and simply search for it. If you actually try to navigate for an item you want, you'll be searching for it for a WHOLE lot longer than on Apple's site. The people who shop on Apple's site go to specific items throughout the site. So, do not say customers are dissatisfied because they have to navigate through one or possibly more items(since they also neglect to be more specific), because it either means 2 things: horrible journalism, or just brain-dead shoppers.

"At this point, Amazon has been dominant for so long and has such a history of focusing on the customer, its hard to imagine anyone else coming close," added Freed. "Companies should emulate Amazon's focus on the customer, which is clearly linked to superior revenues over the years."
Their customer service is not what brings people in. What a joke. Try their low prices! Sounds as if he was paid to say that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Amazon has customer service? Guess I should be happy I've never needed to use it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.