time capsule

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac version 10.7.5, 2.5GHz intel core i5 4GB DDR3....iPad 2- 8GB.... iPhone 4 - 8GB
My husband bought me a time capsule but I keep getting this message every few weeks on my iMac

The backup disk image “/Volumes/Data/debra’s iMac.sparsebundle” could not be accessed (error -1).

when I get this I have to reset the time capsule which disrupts the wireless internet for the entire house. I have had the time capsule for maybe a few weeks? Any idea?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I did a little digging to see what I could find out. Some of the post I have seen suggest that the backup software for someWestern Digital drives is the culprit. This post shows two different ways of removing the potential culprit.

If that does not fix the issue see if you can double click the sparse bundle to open it. It should appear on the desktop as a hard drive. Now run Disk Utility and let it repair any errors it finds.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.