iMac 24" mid 2007 woes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17", 2.2ghz i7m, 8GB RAM, 750HDD, Rad 6750 1GB
Hi

After a bit of advice re my (above) iMac.

Last week working fine, this week rebooting on a loop with the attached details coming up on screen just before rebooting.

configuration as follows:
iMac 24", 2.4 ghz, 512 video, 320gb hdd, 4gb RAM running OS X 10.8.

HDD is only about 50%

Many thanks, in advance, for your help.

Regards

Rob K

photo - Version 2 (1 of 1).jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It looks like a kernel panic but I can't be sure of what it's telling us. Can you post the entire KP log entry instead of a photo?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for your reply chscag.

I am afraid that seems to be all I can get out of the iMac at the moment. All that happens when I boot up is a reboot loop with that small amount of information coming up, for maybe a second or two, right before it reboots again.

If you are able to advise how I might circumvent the reboot loop and where to access the KP log I will try to pull off and post.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
See if you can get it to boot up in Safe Mode: Reboot, but hold down the shift key as soon as you hear the boot chime. If it boots in Safe Mode, you may be able to find out what's happening from the logs.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. I ve tried reboot to safe mode as you suggested but no go. No sound on boot either. Just a short message saying there has been a problem booting last time and to wait a few secs or press any key to continue. It then goes on to apple logo then the text comes up that I posted as attachment above. :( Not good me thinks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.