Trackpad on multiple Macs (local)

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Here is the issue/problem I have. I currently own an iMac for my work computing and a MacBook Pro for my personal use, both Thunderbolt equipped. On my work iMac, I use an external trackpad. I just bought a Thunderbolt Cable and Target display mode from my MacBook to the iMac works just as it should. However, Im wanting to use the same trackpad for the iMac for my MacBook Pro when it is in target display mode. Disconnecting from the iMac seems to not work because whenever I put it back into pairing mode, it re-connects the the iMac. Ideally, I would love to know of some software that will share the trackpad between two macs. Anyone know of anything like that out there. I found something called Synergy, but it does not seem to work. As of now, I have to log into my iMac, remove the trackpad from the blutooth device preference pane, and then add it on the MacBook again. I essentially am looking for PS/2 switch that is software instead of hardware. Thanks for everyone's help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Please do not cross post or double post. I've removed your duplicate post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.