How to install Design and Web Premium CS6 on new iMac

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I just got my new iMac today along with Design and Web Premium CS6. The only problem is that I can't install the new software with no optical drive. I knew when I bought it that it didn't have an optical drive but I figured that I could put the disc in my other Windows Computer and just copy the files over to a flash drive. That didn't work because the files were "read-only."

Any ideas on how I could get these files over to my iMac (without just purchasing a USB Optical Drive)?

Reaction score
You can dl from adobe, just call cutomer service and they can set it up for you, enjoy

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As the above reply states, call Adobe. However, external USB optical drives are inexpensive and easily obtainable from Best Buy or any other store which sells them. I purchased an inexpensive double layer burner by Samsung to use with my iMac. It was less than $30.00. Save yourself from future headaches and purchase one. You can keep it on the shelf somewhere until you need it. That's what I do with mine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.