Some help needed

Reaction score
I'm trying to help my girlfriend with her iMac but i don't know anything about it. She can't upgrade her iTunes because her OS is out of date. She's at OS X 10.4 and needs to be at 10.5, problem is there isn't any software updates available. Idk what the deal is, anyone know?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I'm trying to help my girlfriend with her iMac but i don't know anything about it. She can't upgrade her iTunes because her OS is out of date. She's at OS X 10.4 and needs to be at 10.5, problem is there isn't any software updates available. Idk what the deal is, anyone know?

We need some hardware specs to really help, but if she has an Intel based Mac she ought to be able to run 10.6 (Snow Leopard) which is available from Apple for $20.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3

If she has 10.4.11, you are correct; there are no further updates available. Moving up to 10.5 is not an update, it's an upgrade. One significant difference: money is required. Call the Apple 800 number and order a 10.6 disc for 19.99, or check to see if they can be ordered from the online Store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.