Uninstall an application.

Reaction score
Hi

I installed a software and the icon is seen on applications but not seen in applications folder. I wish to remove this icon. How can I remove this please?

Thanks again.

Reaction score
Have read this thread with interest.

Sorry, but I am not quite clear about bobtomay's comment:
And did you look in both Applications folders? The 2nd one being in your user account?

I've just looked, and see that I have only the one Applications Folder ... I see it when I click on Mackintosh HD.
I am really the sole user on this MPB, although I did create a 2nd user account for my wife when setting up the machine in the first place.
I don't see why it would be necessary to have two Applications Folders.
Is it the case that I might need a second Applications Folder if my wife were using an Application that I would never use?
But is it not better to have all the Applications on common ground and thus available to both users?

Thanks in advance ...
M

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You will find the 2nd one if you look in your home folder.

Some applications install per user by default and they will install into your users home/Applications folder rather than the one located at the root of the drive.

Reaction score
OK ... I see what you mean.
I thought that "home folder" meant the one showing the house icon!
Now I realise that it is the one which is labeled (My name's) Computer.
However, I see that in the Home Folder, there are two more applications listed than in the Mackintosh HD Folder, but I have not looked closely to see what they are. Is this discrepancy anything to be concerned about?
Thanks in advance for your comments.
M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
OK ... I see what you mean.
I thought that "home folder" meant the one showing the house icon!
Yes, that's what it means.

Some applications install per user by default and they will install into your users home/Applications folder rather than the one located at the root of the drive.

You will find the 2nd one if you look in your home folder.
Not necessarily. I do not have an Applications folder in my Home folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.