How to print to Wireless Printer...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 15" Retina... 2X 2TB G-Drives and 1 4TG G-Drive.
I have the MacBook Pro with the 2TB Time Machine. I have an All in One Brother MFC plugged into the Time Machine and I can print to that printer. The Scanner function doesnt work but I can deal with that loss.

Now I would like to purchase a Canon Color InkJet to print my photography with, but I am using both USB ports on the Macbook.

Can I print to a wireless printer via wireless or bluetooth? If I have to, I can remove my USB peripheals and plug the printer into the port when needed.....

Help? Any suggestions. I have divorced my windows machine two months ago and it is taking me a little time to figure the OS X system out.

Jeff W Waldrop

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You can print via wireless and perhaps Bluetooth as well though I have not tried that. I am using a Canon Pixma MP 990 multifunction and it works week wirelessly. That one is a few years old but several newer models work as well. Their setup instructions were a pain with my 980 but had improved a bit by the time I bought the 990.

Whatever manufacturer you choose other than specs to get the image quality you need look for those that have Mac drivers and wireless printing as a built in function.

Which Brother do you have?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Whatever manufacturer you choose other than specs to get the image quality you need look for those that have Mac drivers and wireless printing as a built in function.

+1 to what my good friend Slydude stated. I have found that Canon, Epson, and HP generally have good working drivers and instructions for a wireless setup to use with your Mac. The last Epson I purchased was wirelessly setup in around 10 minutes.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Kudos to you my friend for understanding that horrible sentence.

I attribute that atrocity to any or all of the following:
1. Mental fog induced by cold medicine
2. The realization that my '06 Mac Pro has probably suffered a logic board failure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.