my macbook wont turn on all the way....

Reaction score
This morning I wake up and my macbook is not working right. It turns on then it just stays on the start up screen with the grey apple. I have turned it off/on numerous times. I tired to do safe mode but it didnt work, and i tried to P-R-Option-command and it turned off then back on but the same screen it wont go past this.

I really hope someone can help me!

thanks so much

Reaction score
You have to hold the P-R-Option-Command while it goes through 3 chimes then on the 3rd release them.
Also trie a smc reset. Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)
If it still wont go past the grey apple screen , hold down V while starting up to enter verbose mode.
This will show lines of what is loading and what ever it is doing when it gets stuck will be in the bottom of the lines of code.
Also have you held down just the option key to load the boot screen ? If you have lion or mountain lion it will have a recovery partion you can boot from and select disk utility then select your mac partition and then first aid . Here you can choose to repair the disk permissions and repair the disk. If none of that helps I would assume you have a bad hard drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.