Iphone 5 Battery-- Is this excessive battery depletion

Reaction score
I am a new iphone user and just got my iphone 5 recently. From those who have used and are familiar with iphone battery life, please comment if this is normal. I left my phone in standby and turned off both wi-fi and cellular internet. I had a phone that lasted 2 min at most and my battery % dropped 1% lower. I then turned on w-fi and checked my email and went on 2 sites and my battery dropped a % every 1-2 min. Is such activity normal for iphones? Before the update, my battery used to drop less, but I was just wondering if maybe my battery is defective or something. I have taken all of the suggested battery precautions by limiting advertisements, closing all background programs when not in use, lessening brightness. Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please do not cross post or post the same question to more than one forum. This forum is the correct place for your question, not tagged on to a Rumor thread. Your other post has been removed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.