2nd monitor not displaying properly

J

jgt

I’m running a dual 450. I just took it in for service to put in a larger boot drive Since I got it back my second monitor isn’t working properly. Its now grey and fuzzy to the point of being essentially useless.

Tried a different monitor, same result. I was running 10.2.8. The technician who did the work put 10.3.5 on it. When I called him with the problem, he told me to do a software update. Which I did, same result.

The video card running the 2nd monitor is pretty ancient. I’m wondering if
this upgrade to Panther is the culprit or if some damage was done while it was in the shop. I took a quick look on the ATI site to see if there was a driver upgrade but they didn’t even seem to list the card.

If I have to, I could go back to 10.2.8 but since I was hoping to upgrade to tiger I’m wondering what else I can do. Am I even on the right track here thinking its the OS upgrade thats at the root of the problem

The video card in question is ATY, LT-C

Thanks for any help

Reaction score
I can't imagine it being the system update, it's more likely to be the card. Try going back to 10.2.8 and seeing if the problem is still their, also make sure that the card in plugged in firmly.

OP
J

jgt

Thanks for your reply. I'm going to try that. Just seemed a little too coincidental. I can't say that the technician's response was overly helpful.

Mr Bobbins said:
I can't imagine it being the system update, it's more likely to be the card. Try going back to 10.2.8 and seeing if the problem is still their, also make sure that the card in plugged in firmly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.