Word for Mac - styles

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have just gotten the new 2012 iMac and am trying to get along with some work but something is irking me to no end.

My work document is a large table, in many columns of which I have set specific style (eg Times New Roman 11pt in the leftmost box, Times New Roman 10pt in the one next to it). However Whenever I paste something into the box it comes out as font 12?

I paste from two different locations, another word document - set at Times New Roman 11 (all text copied from here needs to be pt 11 in the table document). The second place I paste from is FCP, the timecode display contents. This always comes out at Lucida 10, which is fine as I can change that later. What is bothering me though is copying from word - word should make the text appear as the font it is pasting into the style of. It did it on my old machine and I can't recall what I did to make it so.

I did try Applescript but it never seemed to work. Again I had Applescript on my old machine but didn't like it, the 3-5second delay every paste was unbearable.

So can anyone suggest why pasting Times New Roman 11pt into a table box with the style set at Times New Roman pt 11 is making the text appear as 12?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.