Macintosh Plus Keyboard

Reaction score
Hello,

I am in need of a Macintosh Plus Keyboard. Does anyone know where I can get hold of one at a reasonable price? Ebay has some running for $60 and up. I love my mac, but not that much!

Many Thanks!

OP
H
Reaction score
But will they have a "telephone connection"? The ADB types woun't work on the macintosh plus. Also the mouse uses a type of COM port, but there is an adaptor for that.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
But will they have a "telephone connection"? The ADB types woun't work on the macintosh plus. Also the mouse uses a type of COM port, but there is an adaptor for that.

The Macintosh SE (the model after the Macintosh Plus) was the first compact Mac to use the ADB type keyboard. As you mentioned...the Macintosh Plus uses the telephone style cable connector...so you really do need a "Macintosh Plus" keyboard.

As far as the mouse. If you already have a Macintosh plus mouse...then you're good to go...since the Macintosh Plus mouse has it's own dedicated port on the back of the Mac Plus computer (the Mac Plus mouse does not plug into the Mac Plus keyboard like it can on the ADB and later USB keyboards).

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
thanks for your response! would you happen to know where I could get one?

Parts for 26 year old computers are not easy to find...probably even harder for a 26 year-old Macintosh computer.

As you've already discovered...you can find them on e-Bay...but they are not cheap. Occasionally someone may sell one locally (Craig's List)...but this is very very rare. If you look carefully at e-Bay auctions for Mac Plus keyboards...many of them do not include the special "phone-type" cable you need. So then you need to buy the cable as well.

It's almost less expensive to buy a fully operational Mac Plus (with the keyboard & cable included)...or find a non-working Mac Plus someone is selling with the keyboard & cable. But this sort of thing is pretty hard to do with the number of knowledgeable folks on e-Bay...and still get it at a reasonable price.

What it really comes down to is...pay the high price on e-Bay...or get REALLY lucky locally!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I found some more on ebay

(also thanks for correcting me on the ADB, or lack of)

M0110A | eBay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Depends on what quality you want. louishen's link shows one at $30, aged, yellow and with a missing foot. and be happy with your purchase. better buy the dearer one

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.