First Mac for Christmas!!!

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I just wanted to introduce myself and to say that I'm getting my first Mac in a few days or so. My wife bought me one for Christmas, but since it wasn't stocked at the Apple store, it's being sent to us. I've wanted one since the mid-80's! I might be the one with the longest wait before buying of anyone!
Looking forward to learning from all of you. I'm looking forward to starting my Logic education and applying it to my guitar/band recording. I'm also interested in getting back into photography eventually and learning how to best use my Mac.

I bought my wife an iMac 3 years ago, my college son a Macbook Pro 13" 2 years ago and now I'm getting one from my wife, one of Santa's helpers!

Reaction score
Congrats! I was a Windows user for 20 years before I decided to switch to Apple this previous February. I bought a 27-inch iMac and I love it. I think you will, too. I'm still learning a lot about it, but I feel just about as comfortable now with my Mac as I did with any Windows machine previously (which was considerable).

So, Merrry Christmas, enjoy the wonderful new gift and have fun with it. It's quite a machine (no matter which configuration you're getting)! :)

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Congrats and Merry Christmas!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.7GHz 21" iMac I5 8GB ram, 1Tb memory , iPad firs gen 64 gig , iPod touch 5 32 gig
Congrats- I just got my first iMac just one month ago and I am very comfortable with it. I signed up for the one to one but have not registered it- I want to see where I feel I need help so far no problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 15" HDAG Late 2011, quad core i7 2.5, 256ssd/750hdd 16gb memory|IPhone 5 32gb|iPad 3 64G
Congrats.

I just moved to Mac a couple months ago and do not regret it (been using PC's since before windows!).
"It just works" is just SO true. I love being able to just use my MBP for what I want - rather than constantly trying to get things working. I did spend a lot on my MBP but I thought I would only get one shot at buying for a few years - best make it a good un.

Hope you enjoy the experience as much as I have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
And what happened to waiting until Christmas day to find out what you got? There goes tradition.

Seriously though, congrats and Merry Christmas. No other present is going to come close ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.