Heeeellp!

D

Drikanna

I just installed Panther on my Powerbook G4 (yes i bought panther), and my sound went to ****. There's waaay too much noise going on, much more than normal. I dont know what happened, but I'd really really like to fix it. Also, my treble and bass balances seem to be f*'d over pretty hard, too...

OP
J

jcromartie

Wow, that is an odd problem. Do you mean that there is more random noises (popping, clicking, ticking, skipping), or a lower signal-noise ratio? E.g. lots of static?

OP
D

Drikanna

jcromartie said:
Wow, that is an odd problem. Do you mean that there is more random noises (popping, clicking, ticking, skipping), or a lower signal-noise ratio? E.g. lots of static?

much lower single/noise ratio. There's a very noticable hiss coming out of my speakers that was never there before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
what kind of speakers do you own? apple pro or third party ones ?

OP
D

Drikanna

MacAddikt said:
what kind of speakers do you own? apple pro or third party ones ?

3rd party speakers. Altec Lansing 400 watt system (dunno the official name of it offhand. 4 speakers and a sub). I plug it into my headphone jack because my powerbook doesnt support surround sound. But I never had troubles with it until I installed panther. I did have issues with installing it. It took me about 5x to install completely and correctly. Maybe i should archive and install again? Also my warning sounds and whatnot are messed up. Instead of doing the appropriate beeps, it just buzzes at me, like I was getting static.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.