lost photos

Reaction score
I have too many digital devices and they should probably all be taken away from me. So I just upgraded my iPhone 4S to ios 6 and apparently had not saved photos (or anything as far as I know) to iCloud. And I don't regularly use iTunes. I know, I know. I've given up on retrieving the photos, but for some reason the little yellow notepad restored itself with very old plus brand new lists. How come that happened but the photos vanished?

Reaction score
Start using Dropbox application, it is free and popular for data sharing. Store your images on Dropbox, so you can retrieve your images anywhere and any time in any device which has Dropbox application.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
?

An iOS upgrade doesn't impact your existing data files so a little more information on exactly what happened would be useful. I suspect it's something you chose to do (knowingly or unknowingly) during the update that is the root of the issue.

Going forward enable iCloud backup, it'll back up your data without further intervention from you. So you don't have to remember to do anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.