• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

So . . . doing anything special to celebrate?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Assuming for purposes of discussion the world isn't ending tonight (unless you happen to be an ancient Mayan).

I will probably sleep in then cook a fancy breakfast (I have the day off).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I will probably sleep in then cook a fancy breakfast (I have the day off).

Is that a "TGIF" or is it a Mayan holiday? ;P Anyway, good news, our Australian members are still with us and it's already the 21st there. Unless of course the Mayans were only predicting the total destruction of our hemisphere!
:Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Is that a "TGIF" or is it a Mayan holiday? ;P Anyway, good news, our Australian members are still with us and it's already the 21st there. Unless of course the Mayans were only predicting the total destruction of our hemisphere!

Those Mayans were a strange bunch weren't they ? Human sacrifices, beheaded if you lost a game of basketball, the end of the world is nigh and all that. I think they 'miserabled' themselves out of existence.

Anyways, I just had bacon (ham) and black pudding (don't ask) on toasted granary bread :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I'm gonna hangs out and make some tools. Now when was it all supposed to end?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I'm gonna buy up hoarded supplies and freeze dried food at a huge discount from all the bunker dwellers once they pop their heads up out of the sand. ;)

Actually, I'm at work downloading huge fix-packs for AIX today. All the other SysAdmins must have the day off or something. IBM's servers are faster than I've ever seen them this morning. I downloaded 4.7GB of AIX 6.1.8.1 in less than 20 minutes so far! Next up, VIO and HMC downloads. Man, this is LIVING!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S

Worst+Apocalypse+Ever.+Still+here.+Work+tomorrow.+Sigh.+Pic+found_70d009_4315317.jpg

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I'm on a 5/4/9 schedule, which means I get every other Friday off.

Have to look at that later. Not showing up on my iPad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.