tv shows to ipod

Reaction score
Hey,
well, I've now managed to become competent at mac stuff in a short while after switching from PC to mac in desktop, laptop, and ipod....it was frustrating at first, but well worth the effort in learning the new system.
I have the new ipod video and now have found how to put my dvd's on it, my music, transfer my music back to my ipod to my pc/mac......but one of the last inquiries....
How do you put tv shows onto the ipod video?
Do you need a subscription or something? Where do you download these shows (mainly I'm interested in 24!)?
I am using handbrake to get my dvd's to my ipod. Will this work?
Are all tv shows available for podcast? Or just a select few?
Thx,
M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
Visit the music store in iTunes and click on "TV shows." 24 is not there, but LOST is and so is SNL and Surface among some other good ones.

E

ethea

if you have say dvd's of tv shows, or movies for that matter you can use Handbrake to convert the video to make it playable on your iPod as well.

you can get handbrake at http://handbrake.m0k.org

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 1.2 GHz iBook 768mb
ethea said:
if you have say dvd's of tv shows, or movies for that matter you can use Handbrake to convert the video to make it playable on your iPod as well.

you can get handbrake at http://handbrake.m0k.org

cheers
He already said he's using handbrake. No biggie.

Just so you know, wrightm, any shows you add yourself (as opposed to d/l from iTunes) will show up in Movies, regardless of whether you've named it a TV Show, or not. TV Shows from iTunes are the only ones that show up in the "TV Shows" category on your iPod (for now).

Have fun! I know I am! :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.