iPad iPhone and iPod

Reaction score
Hey all not sure if I am in the correct section but here goes.

I have a iPhone ipod and iPad, all of each contains different music, how would I go about getting all the music from each onto all of the devices?

Thanks in advance for your help

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Will "assume" you have all this music in iTunes since you've not provided any other info.

Resync each of them with iTunes and put all of your music on them instead of different music.

OP
E
Reaction score
Hi sorry for the lack of info, no it is all stored locally to the machine/s, is there any way I could take all the music of each and drop them into iTunes?

Is it possible to do a drag an drop?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
How did you get the music onto them in the first place?

If you bought the music via iTunes, then you can transfer all your purchases into iTunes when you connect each device.

OP
E
Reaction score
hey, so i managed to transfer all the 'purchased data' from my iphone onto a empty itunes, (this is not the pc which all the music was originally stored)

but now how do i transfer the none bought stuff, e.g. when i have imported cd's etc?

thanks

C

chas_m

So I think what you're trying to tell us (seriously, a LOT more background info would have saved a LOT of time here) is that you originally had your music on one or more OTHER machines than the one you have now.

If that's correct, you didn't properly transfer your iTunes music from your old machines to your new one, and now you've run smack into Apple's anti-piracy measure: by default, iOS devices don't sync music BACK to a computer, particularly not one that hasn't been erased and set as the default.

There's a way around this, but it's gonna cost you. I'd suggest either
phonetomac
(or Phone to PC, among the many details you've left out is what platform you're using; it cost $25) or Senuti ($20). I prefer Phone to Mac because I find the developers more ethical, but either one will do the job.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.