She just won't Drag and Drop!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 8 Cores. w/2 WD 8T Thunderbolt Duo; iPAD Air 2; iPhone 6s, iPOD 5th Gen.
I am using Lion OS X on my MACBook Pro 17".
When I grab an item with the mouse or track pad to drag and drop to another location, the item sticks to the pointer and will not drop with a click. It will not drop at all.

Any one have any ideas as to what may be causing this?

Thanks,
JimmySnacs

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Check your "System Preferences". Specifically the system preferences for "Accessibility" or "Universal Access" (different OS versions had a different name for the same System Preference file).

Check the "Keyboard" or "Mouse & Trackpad" settings within the "Accessibility/Universal Access" system preference to see if something is enabled that is causing this. Specifically look to see if "Sticky Keys" or "Draglock" has been enabled (could be something else as well).

Check everything VERY carefully in the Accessibility/Universal Access System Preference...there are a lot of settings in there.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.