Just got mine in.... YAY

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina
Finally got mine in... I am impressed. First time Mac user, so I will proabably have some issues soon. I want to take some pics later on.... just for fun, will mostlikley post them up here too.

Oh yea first question. Do you guys shut it down at night or just plug it in?
Seccond.... Do all Ibooks have the two finger move thing? I kinda want an easy way to scroll down on a page (my specs are under the avatar slot).

Thanks,
-Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
I never shut mine down, only plug it in at night, I see no reason to shut it off at night.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina
I just read the manual and It basically said to only shut it down if you will not be using it for a few days or so..... Good call honda

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2GHz PowerMac G5 + 20" Apple Cinema Display
best thing to do at night is put it to sleep, simple by closing the lid.

then when you wake up in the morning, open the lid and your ready to go straight away!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
hollerz.mac said:
best thing to do at night is put it to sleep, simple by closing the lid.

then when you wake up in the morning, open the lid and your ready to go straight away!

Thats what I love about my ibook, when it goes into sleepmode, it instantly wakes up. My wifes averatec laptop, goes into sleep mode, then you have to push the power button, and then wait for windows to wake up, and then log back in. Makes me love my ibook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
gotta love the the ibook. not all ibooks have the trackpad scrolling. i believe only the newest rev. of ibooks have trackpad scrolling as a feature. of course there is a hack that allows you to do this on older(previous) rev. ibooks. i believe a few people on here have tried the hack so hopefully they'll chime in :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, iScroll2 will enable 2 finger scrolling on any iBook G4 and certain older ones as well.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina
Aptmunich said:
Yeah, iScroll2 will enable 2 finger scrolling on any iBook G4 and certain older ones as well.

Where can I dl it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Mr Bobbins said:
I always shut mine down, saves on the electric bill.

Actually, it probably doesn't.

Reaction score
baggss said:
Actually, it probably doesn't.

? It does if you don't leave the power adaptor in the plug socket. Or are you saying that the ibooks are built to use more power when they are turned off than on ?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina
ok I tried to dl it from the seccond site and what happened is that it asked if I wanted to save to disk or open with stuffit. I saved it and nothing happened. I then just opened it from pressing back and re-dling it, and nothing happened again. How do i actually go about finding it and installing it. Noob question I know, but first timer here.
-Mike

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina
Just figured it out... it wasnt hard at all. Its a bit jankey, but its still cool... good dl in my opinion.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina
is there any way to change the short name? I bought mine used and wasnt sure if that could be done?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina
Should I be scared of ChangeShortName? Yes. Although every attempt has been made to make this script safe and robust, renaming a Unix account is not a trivial process. If something goes wrong, or if you rename an account that shouldn’t be renamed, you could seriously foul up that account or even cripple the operating system. In addition, changing your short name involves editing the NetInfo database. If your NetInfo database was already corrupt/damaged before using ChangeShortName, using it could reveal existing corruption or, in the worst-case scenario, add to that corruption. (This only makes sense: editing a directory of information that is out of order means that you might edit the wrong thing unintentionally.)

Thats a quote from the program.... I think I can deal with it, kinda sucks its such a risky thing though. Possibly when I get more comfortable with the mac platform I will do it, but untill then, I am going to pass. Thanks for the info though.

-Mike

Reaction score
You could also just make a new account and delete the old one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.