Mini and external DVD Burners

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Dual Core Nvidia 8800, 7 gigs ram Macbook pro 2011 Intel i7 triple boots Ubuntu/Win7
Am I limited on my choices for external DVD burners for my computer? Its a 1.25 Ghz Mini

For some reason I think I read something somewhere that suggested I may have issues, and would like to open it up for discussion before I buy

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
PATCHBURN will work with your ilife programs, and then any external burner.

What you do is you download patchburn, then buy whatever burner you want (i bought a liteon), then you click and hold on the command button and then click burn in the ilife app, and it tricks it into thinking it is an internal burner. with Roxio programs, they work automatically, with any burner.

OP
Icicle
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Dual Core Nvidia 8800, 7 gigs ram Macbook pro 2011 Intel i7 triple boots Ubuntu/Win7
AHHHHHH so what I read is relevant to the ilife suite and specific burners, not The OS working with specific burners....

Gotcha, thanks.

Where do I get Patchburn? is it freeware

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
I don't think you need patchburn with ilife 05 - it was only with the 04 versions. I have an external burner than I bought from Aldi (its a Gericom one) and have had no issues.

Z

zap2

Kyomii said:
I don't think you need patchburn with ilife 05 - it was only with the 04 versions. I have an external burner than I bought from Aldi (its a Gericom one) and have had no issues.
\\Well in now we have '06

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.