iPad won't connect to iMac-help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air mid-2013 4GB, and other machines
So from another thread, I set up my hostess' machine (core 2 duo, white 2005? 2GB 10.4.11) to Personal Web Share ON under services, it is checked under Firewall, started under Internet.
Tried with no security, 5 digit WEP, 13 digit WEP (those are all the choices in this old OS).
Always the same: can see the network on the iPad, select it, wheel spins and spins and the network never connects.
I found a Web page where someone had the same problem, and their iPad showed the same under the info for that network:
IP Address is DHCP
IP Address is nnn.nnn.nn.nnn (not gonna show you the actual #s!)
Subnet Mask is nnn.nnn.n.n
Router is blank
DNS is blank
Search Domains is blank
Client ID is blank
...to which there was a reply:
"If router/DNS is blank you cannot access the internet. have you tried manually putting those numbers in or ask to join other network find yours click on it and it should prompt for password. Also if you are using WEP encryption that will cause issues with anything made in the last couple of years WPA2 works better all around."
Well, I can't WPA2, and I'm not sure what they mean by "manually putting those numbers in." I can Forget this Network on the iPad and stop/start on the iMac, even reboot, but still the same deal. Even after password prompt, no connection.

????

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.