Internet Problem

Reaction score
My wife and I share an iMac. We each have our own account. On my site, the internet works just fine. I log on and I stay logged on until I choose to log out or shut down. On her site, she is logged off the internet if she doesn't use it for just a few minutes. When she's on Skype, she will be talking and suddenly a message appears telling her she is not connected to the internet. Is there a setting somewhere that can change the length of time one remains logged on to the internet?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The network settings should be exactly the same for your account and that of your wife. Unless for some reason, you or someone has applied parental controls to her account and limited the time she can be on the net. Open System Preferences, System, Parental Controls, and check to see if anything there has been set. If it has, remove them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.