PowerMac G5 not fully booting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.2GHz i7 Quad Core 16GB 240GB 6G SSD+750GB HDD Optibay External USB SuperDrive
I have an old PowerMac G5 that turns on but no chime, no video, no light above the power button. When I press the power button the light comes on then just blinks twice and goes away. No red lights on the inside. Fans and everything inside seem to be working fine. Ram is good. PRAM battery is good. Cannot reset PRAM because it does not boot to the point of recognizing the keyboard. Anything else I could try?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And if no joy the PSU may be gone.

Really hardly worth the expense if it is the power supply. If you look for a second hand unit, if that is the problem, make sure you get the model right.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.2GHz i7 Quad Core 16GB 240GB 6G SSD+750GB HDD Optibay External USB SuperDrive
Tried the PSU also. No go. I just read about a trick of heating up the ram area? It's worth a shot I guess..

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So I held in the power button for a few seconds and it made a kind of beep sound. I then turned it off. Push the power button again and I got the chime. Still not fully booting to where keyboard is active and no video. There's also a little red light on the inside that you can see from the front (not the one that comes on when the plastic door is not in place.) Any ideas on this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.