Logic studio 9 compatibility

Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering If logic studio 9 is compatible with lion 10.7.4. If not, should I upgrade? I've read some forums about how others had trouble running it on 10.7.4 but was never really sure.

I have NOT installed logic studio 9 yet. Would I have trouble installing it on 10.7.4?

Thanks

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Ive been using Logic Express 9 with Lion for a while, plus, Logic Pro is being sold on the Mac App Store with the requirements as 10.6 or later, so yes it should be compatible.

OP
L
Reaction score
Ive been using Logic Express 9 with Lion for a while, plus, Logic Pro is being sold on the Mac App Store with the requirements as 10.6 or later, so yes it should be compatible.

Yes, but I bought the CD version an was concerned if logic pro 9 (version 9.0.0) will install on lion 10.7.4. I understand I can get an update on apple support, but will the mac even recognize the logic pro 9 CD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
I can't imagine why it wouldn't recognize the CD. Once it has been installed and you go to open the program (if it's logic 9.0.0), it will give you a message saying "this version of Logic is not compatible on this operating system" or something like that. Don't worry. Just run software update and it will update Logic to 9.1.8 (the latest version) which opens and runs flawlessly.

I'm ready to start hearing some news about Logic Pro X. They've been keeping us waiting for forever it seems like! Apple said it has big things in the pipeline for its pro customers for 2013 (a new Mac Pro has been confiemed) so here's hoping Logic X is part of that deal!

OP
L
Reaction score
Awesome! I've just been hearing so many problems with apple and compatibility issues.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.