recording dj mixes

Reaction score
Hello Everybody

I understand that this has proberly been asked a million times but Im not finding any solutions for my issues.

I currently have started using a 13" MBP and have been wanting to record dj mixes. I understand that this model has a single plug input/output. I am having trouble recording using audacity as it is using the in built MIC to record (which is picking up background noise)

I have looked at online tutes and forums reagrding changing the inputs/outputs but these options in setting do not seem to be there on this mac. I was wondering if any of you guys would be able to steer me in the right direction with this.

Cheers

OP
M
Reaction score
Also,

In a lot of technical advice for MBP, it states u can change the input setting under the sound setting. this is the newest model MBP and it doesnt seem to give you that option. It only has in built MIC available.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Your best bet is to get an external Audio interface either USB or Firewire. I prefer a FireWire interface. M-Audio FireWire AudioPhile works great with my Traktor Pro 2 setup and 2 1200's and record on my MBP.

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks for that, ill make sure to look one of those. hopefully there available in australia

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.